My name is Inga Gusarova. I am a Canadian Certified Counsellor, with a Master of Science degree in Counselling Psychology. If you feel stuck or overwhelmed, my goal is to help you do something different and to figure out steps toward a more fulfilling and meaningful life. I work online with clients across Canada and in-person in Calgary NW.
I work with adults only, and some specific things I could help with include:
• Feelings and experiences of worry, anxiety, or depression
• General coping skills, stress management
• Couple therapy (straight and LGBTQ+ couples, married or not, as well as long distance relationships)
• Sexuality-related concerns (such as dealing with conflicting feelings and thoughts, seeking acceptance and comfort, identity, questioning, relationships, communication, and so on)
• Life transitions
• Grief and loss
• Family/relationship difficulties (for example, working on better relationships between adult children and parents, handling a family business transition when your children have a different vision)
Here is a summary of what I do and how it could benefit you:
✓ Online delivery (including secure email and video) and flexible hours. It’s okay if you are in another city, or find it difficult to get around, or have a stressful schedule: I can work with all that. In-person sessions are also available in my home city of Calgary.
✓ My role as a therapist has several steps. The first is to provide a safe and confidential space where we work as a team. Then, I need to understand enough about you to create a personalized plan of action: Plan that is based on solid research knowledge and represents a good fit for your values and personality.
✓ My focus is on evidence-based methods that take into account your values and culture (including strength-based, narrative, solution-focused, systemic and cognitive-behavioural tools).
You can read more about my services and methods; background and training; some important information about confidentiality and technology for online counselling; book an appointment; or check out some interesting and useful things on the blog. I also maintain a list of resources with both self-help information and nationally-accessible organizations.